Sunday, May 23, 2010

Help identify a plant for me please?

During the winter it looks like a bush about 2-3' tal and equal spread but it isn't woody enough. The plant tends to grow straight up and out and early June forms purple flowers similar to peas but grouped at the tip like Gladiolis. After they are done flowering, the flowers turn to pods of seeds that eventually turn black, dry out and the seeds then rattle out of the pods. Very similar to peas flowers and pods but not the same, it is a perrenial.


Last year about this time we bought a house with the yard heavily landsscaped, I have been able to figure out most of the plants but this one and my wife and I really like it.

Help identify a plant for me please?
I think you are describing a type of Broom. I have both yellow and a purple-ish colour one.


No comments:

Post a Comment