Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are the purple flowering trees I've seen around Orange County California?

I've seen them in and around the Anaheim and Yorba Linda areas mostly but don't know their name. They remind me a bit of a mimosa with almost naked trunks and lots of green foliage on top and then beautiful dark purple (almost feathery looking) blooms. I haven't seen them outside of So Cal and would love to know what they are. Thanks!

What are the purple flowering trees I've seen around Orange County California?
They are called Jacaranda Trees. Yes they are beautiful, but messy. The flowers have a watery sap that stains cars and sidewalks. As the flowers dry they start to smell....and it's not a nice smell. Lovely to look at but you don't want one in your yard.
Reply:They are Jacarada Trees, not sure if I spelled it correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment